Sunday, April 5, 2009

Deepika Padukone is fearful of snakes

Bollywood actor Deepika Padukone shared a close proximity with snakes while shooting for the second issue of Harper's Bazaar in Thailand.

The OSO star asserted that she is an ophidiophobic.

"I have always had a phobia about snakes. I don't mind anything from lizards to insects, but I am terrified of snakes. We were given these fancy villas in the middle of a forest at a resort called The Banyan Tree. I was relaxing outside my room at night when I happened to look down near my feet and saw a huge snake, almost three feet long with it's hood raised, staring at me!" noted Deepika Padukone.

Deepika termed that incident as the scariest moment of her life.

"It was the scariest moment of my life. I jumped and screamed loudly. My mom was in her room and came out to see all the commotion was about but by that time the snake had slithered away," quoted by an Internet portal.

Deepika is ever ready for a noble cause. Despite of her busy schedule, the model-turned actor walked the ramp in Mumbai at LFW to raise funds for the victims of last year's Mumbai terror strikes.

"I walked the ramp at the last minute as I had to fly to Bangalore for the Bengaluru Marathon press conference. But since it was for the cause Mai Mumbai, I stayed back. The funds are going for 26/11 victims and provide infrastructure like ambulances and first aid so I had to be there. It was a good cause and Mumbai has given me so much," a website quoted.

No comments: